Last weekend Oliver wasn't eating and was vomiting, at first I didn't worry because occasionally that will happen and the cat recovers but when day two came and he still wasn't well I was worried and then Steve mentioned that he had seen Oliver digging in the bathroom garbage.
Thankfully one of our vets was open Sunday and he took an x-ray and sure enough his intestines were bunched up indicating he had swallowed something. They sedated Ollie and found dental floss under his tongue! As the vet explained, sometimes when you release it the floss or string or whatever can then pass through but not necessarily and there was a chance he would need emergency surgery. Needless to say, we were extremely upset. We took him home and watched him every minute, thankfully there was no more vomiting and he perked up and started eating. I think we are now almost at the point where we can stop being concerned that it's probably passed through but he could have died and/or had to have very expensive surgery. I felt like the worst cat mom ever, now our floss is secured. Our little sweet boy is only three so I hope to have many more years with him.
So be careful, you never know what a cat will get into!
|Oliver and Blinky|
|Oliver and Apollo|