Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sunday on the water

Sunday stats:
11 cats fed (8 boat cats, 3 tree cats)
6 big cans of cat food opened and eaten
2 trips to the boatyard
1 minor injury (a cut from a cat food can)

It was a beautiful afternoon and all the boat cats were out, even the gray and white one (Pebbles) that we rarely see. At the tree, I had Issac (the smoky gray guy), a black cat with white legs (let's call her Socks) and another black cat who shall remain nameless until we can figure out a way to tell the black cats apart.

I returned to the boatyard as the sun was setting to help get our new trailer in position. I would never have predicted that I would be spending a chilly Sunday evening in November at a boatyard, surrounded by berthed boats, dumpsters, feral cats, and a wonderful group of caring women, but here I am and here I'll be for many Sunday to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment