Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

22 cats fed!

Last Saturday it felt like all I did was feed cats. My morning started by feeding our five at home, making sure Baxter didn't gobble up everyone else's Wellness. Then out to the yard to feed Charlie, a stray who has been living in our backyard for the last two weeks. Down to the basement to take care of the two 20 year olds we rescued a month ago. Their owner died and they were about to be euthanized so we took them in. They mostly live in the basement for now as we try to integrate them into the household and get their medical issues sorted out.

Off to the boatyard to care for our feral friends. Seven cats at Harry's boat. Here I am preparing their food.

Cali, Biff, Teddy, Tina and Jackson wait impatiently to be fed.

Then off to the pontoon where we saw another seven: MC, Queenie, Socks, 2 black cats, 2 tortishells, and this new orange cat. I have no idea where he came from, I've seen him twice in the week, but never before.

Socks sits by a dumpster waiting for us to leave.

Queenie gets a scritch, she has become so friendly.

So that was my Saturday, very much like my Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment