Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, November 12, 2010

Sophie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

No pictures tonight. Sadly we had to euthanize Sophie, the tiny tortieshell, that we discovered injured last week.

She was not able to fight off the infection from her wounds. She had stopped eating, had an abcess from her wounds, and a URI. After speaking with the vet, who felt she would not improve and probably had an underlying immune problem, Connie and I took her in and patted her, probably for the first time in her life, as she crossed over.

At least she won't be hungry or cold again, at least she didn't die a horrible death.

Connie and I both cried tonight at the vet's. Connie had nursed her for a week, doing everything she could.

It's been a tough week for the colony. There's a lot more heartbreak than I anticipated. I can only console myself knowing that we have made these poor cats lives better and have prevented more from being born to that life.

No comments:

Post a Comment