Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, June 21, 2012

This week's update

Here are a couple of pictures of the cute kittens I rescued about 10 days ago and that Lynn is fostering.
Chester, the black male, is funny, he is very growly, but they are all becoming tamer, it just takes a lot of handling and a lot of attention.
Ruby and Emma

Growly Chester
I released Miss Boots at the Portlands Tuesday but Jackie called yesterday to say she has discovered kittens down there, oh no, off to take a look.  More trapping at the west end and the kittens above's mom this weekend.

Yesterday we managed to trap Biff and took him to the vet this morning.  Well, first of all, Biff is female, already spayed (which we knew).  Biff or Biffalina is older, maybe 12, and amazingly, doesn't need all her teeth out, just some tartar, but I was mostly worried about Biff's congestion so we are just doing a shot of Convenia, which hopefully will help, and Revolution and Profender.  I will overnight Biffy at the vet's, she can enjoy the AC and go home tomorrow.  After Tina, I was so nervous taking Biff in, I was almost in tears with worry, I just couldn't stand to lose another, so I feel very relieved.   As it is, Sam, a black male, has not been seen for more than two weeks so I am very concerned about him.

Bright Eyes (yes, I can tell all the black cats apart)

Hank enjoying the mat Sandi put down

No comments:

Post a Comment