Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One saved and one lost

I caught yet another tabby kitten last night, she was a feisty one.  I really hope that is the last of the kittens, and hopefully my last kitten rescue for the year.  I've got kittens everywhere and vetting them isn't cheap but it's hard not to feel happy that another life has been saved.

Unfortunately my friend Connie lost one of her beloved ferals yesterday.  I saw a Facebook post about a cat hit by a car and killed and based on the location I instantly knew it was one of Connie's.  I had to call and tell her the news, that was one phone call I did not want to make.  She has been feeding Tess for over 10 years.    Those of us with colonies know, the cats we feed are like our own, but we can't be there to protect them.

These four cuties will not meet that fate, Maria rescued them from her laneway, they belong to the last female of her colony who has proven to be extremely hard to trap.  These lucky kittens will end up in homes, where hopefully they will live out their days loved and safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment