Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, November 17, 2017

The lucky ones

The nights are chilly now and I think of all my feral friends out in the cold, I hope their shelters keep them warm enough, but they weigh on my mind, and I'm grateful for all the ones who no longer have to endure the winters.

My gang love the gas fireplace and as soon as I turn it on they all gather.
Carol sent me this picture of Floppy, who we rescued and she adopted this past spring.  I love that he won't be shivering this winter, he's made friends with two of her cats and looks pretty darn content.  Quite the lifestyle change he's made, surrounded by dumpsters to now living in a sunny condo in the sky.
And this will be Gary's third winter safe and warm, he spent years living in a laneway colony before I scooped him up.  He's a doll, he snuggles beside me on the sofa every night.
We can't forget the adorable Twig, who came from a colony outside Haliburton, virtually blind, she just had most of her teeth removed, but I think she actually feels better, she's been playing and eating well since she came home.  She's a real inspiration of resiliency!

No comments:

Post a Comment