Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, December 15, 2017

Meet Gizmo!

Well it wasn't much trouble rescuing that orange cat, he went right into a carrier and has turned out to be quite the friendly guy.  He's also got a terrible URI you can hear his wheezy breathing from miles away, but he's on meds now and eating well.  Gizmo is about 3 years old no chip and not neutered, so glad he is out of this brutally cold weather.
I find these next three months difficult every year.  I think about all my feral friends outside, even though they have shelters I know it's hard for them.  Gary was sitting at the back door this morning, I don't think he misses his outdoor life though.  He was at a colony for years this will be his third winter inside, and he likes to snuggle with me on the sofa at night, a far better life.  His buddies aren't as friendly and still out there but are well cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment