Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shelter for the winter

Our biggest preoccupation right now is sorting out a plan for the winter for our feral friends. Shelter is a priority for those cold winter days and a way to keep food and water from freezing. This weekend we bought a little insulated trailer to put feeding stations and shelters in. We found it on kijiji and Sandi and Tory drove off on Sunday morning to see it. It fit all our needs and a lovely gentleman in his 80's sold it to us for $200. Now we just have to get it to the boatyard and get it set up.

Meanwhile, we continue to feed our charges. On the weekend I saw my usuals. I got close enough to MC to just barely touch her. I feel convinced she was somebody's cat at one point. I fed about 10 cats in total each day, 6 big cans each day + hard food. I figured it out recently that I spend about 6% of my take home pay each week on cat food! I have 5 at home as well. I'm quickly becoming that crazy cat lady. Well, there could be much worse things to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment