Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Update on Tibbs' kittens

Sad news. One of Tibbs' kittens didn't make it and two aren't doing so well. Kittens that age often seem to go downhill in a shelter environment. We struggle with not knowing if we did the right thing in taking the kittens in at that point but if they are left too long they can become difficult to capture or hard to socialize. At least Tibbs will be spayed and won't have any more kittens. Trap, neuter, release remains the best option for ferals. We're not working off a handbook, just struggling to take the best care we can of these cats. I try to set emotional boundaries but it's hard, I find myself thinking about the cats more than I should. Tonight I will make sure I kiss all my lucky furbabies at home, snug, safe and well fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment