Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lily is pregnant


We've recently realized that Lily, a torti who lives by the boats, is pregnant. She had two litters last year. We caught the kittens and had them adopted out but we haven't had any luck catching Lily to get her spayed. Now here it is February and she's pregnant again! We thought we would have more time. Most of our cats have been spayed or neutered but there are still a wily few who have evaded us.

Yesterday I tried to trap her again using warmed up cooked chicken but there was no way she or any of the other cats would venture into the trap. I guess we've made it too good for them, a warm trailer to sleep in, food every day.

I don't know what we will do if we can't catch her before she gives birth. I'm going to give it one more go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment