Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shelter from the storms

This isn't a great picture, but it just shows how resourceful cats are. There's an abandoned car at the boat yard and somebody has left one of the windows unrolled partway. A couple of cats have made themselves at home in there. It's dry and probably pretty toasty when the sun comes in through the windows.

I'm thankful that my first winter feeding has been mostly snowless. We have our team in place and between the four of us the cats get fresh food and water every single day of the week. With the addition of the trailer the cats can stay dry and relatively warm. They all look pretty good. I still worry about them especially on those really frosty days but I take comfort in knowing that we are doing the best we can for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment