Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sam goes home

Well, it turns out that the black cat we caught was male so his name is Sam. Two days after he was trapped and neutered I picked him up at the vet and returned him to the place he knows as home. He raced out of the carrier as soon as I opened it. They always return to where the food is, though.

Poor Biff has had a cold for pretty much the whole winter. Hopefully the warmer weather will help him heal. I was happy to see him eating.
Here is MC looking around for her buddy Queenie. The yard has been much busier in the last week. With the weather warming up, people are preparing their boats for the season. The cats are certainly more skittish as a result.
Finally Queenie shows up, dirty, as usual but MC is just happy to see her.
I have to say a huge thank you to Global Pet Food on the Danforth. They've been incredibly generous with donations.

So in the last six weeks that's one female spayed and two males neutered, and many kittens prevented from being born into a harsh life. Time for a short break to replenish my bank account. Apparently it looks as though there will be a free spay/neuter clinic for ferals that may open as soon as this summer. How wonderful would that be! I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment