Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tortie Take Two

After last week's trapping I was left wondering whether the first tortie really was nursing. Aaffien and I set out Monday evening KFC in hand to see who we might get.

Well, within 15 minutes, guess who was in the trap, that same tortie. I just couldn't ignore fate, who knew if I would be able to trap her a third time, so off she went. She was spayed yesterday and had a tooth pulled. Seems she wasn't nursing after all.

I was so happy to get one of the females done, no more kittens for you, little Sophie.

Mo and Jo, you two are next on the list.
Jackson and Tina doing their dinner inspection. Friskies again?

Here's our beautiful Tina. I went to see Cat City last week at the Revue. Our cats are featured in it and I couldn't stop myself from shouting out proudly "Tina" when I saw her up on the big screen.
I've been feeling heartened lately by the generosity and helpfulness of all the cat lovers out there. We seem to have an arrangement with TCR that will allow us to pay less for spay/neuter thereby freeing up money to feed the cats and ensure that they are all fixed. There is a huge committment in taking care of these cats, both time and money. And we've secured a spot to trap cats in another area where we suspect there may be more cats but we've haven't been able to access that area up until now. My goal, perhaps ambitious, is to have 100% spay/neuter by the winter. You gotta have a goal, right?



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful goal. You are doing great work there and the cats look very well taken care of. I wish you well and good luck with the new area. Hugs, Deb =^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete