Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another chance for MC?

MC (because she looks like a Maine Coon) is a cat that showed up in the fall of 2009. When we trapped her it turned out she had already been spayed. She must have been someone's pet. We briefly tried to socialize her but returned her to the colony. Thankfully she bonded with Queenie and they became inseparable.

Since Queenie disappeared, MC has been much needier, following us around, meowing and allowing herself to be patted. I know I'm probably anthropomorphizing but she seems lonely and sad.

This past week has been brutally cold and I've found myself wondering if she could be socialized and homed so I picked her up on the weekend and she just let herself be held.
So maybe it's worth another try. I have a wonderful friend who is willing to give it a shot. I don't know if it will work but her other alternative is more of the same. It's not bad on a sunny day...
but more often they are cold and hungry and dodging trucks. If she has a chance at a better life I'd like to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment