Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, May 20, 2011

Finally!

When I saw Mo last Sunday I noticed he had some kind of wound on his neck so for the next three nights Aaffien and I trudged out in the rain, trying to get him. We had tried last year repeatedly to trap him to get him neutered to no avail. Finally on Wednesday night, thanks to sardines, Luvs treats, and patience, we managed to nab him.

After the Ollie experience, we were on pins and needles yesterday, worried that the call from the vet would bring bad news but all turned out well. Mo's injury was an old one that was already healing so they neutered him and gave him an antibiotic shot.


I've been exhausted this week and when I did the math I figured out why. In the last two months between my colony and the other extra curricular cat projects I've been involved in I've trapped 8 adults, got them spayed and neutered, and 8 kittens, who all went to homes. No wonder I'm feeling a bit crispy around the edges. Nothing a four day weekend won't take care of. Some cat feeding, some gardening, and a bit of wine are in my immediate future.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Glad to hear Mo wasn't in too bad shape.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete