Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, August 12, 2011

Keep on trucking

I have to admit that I was feeling pretty depressed last night. I found a foster home to take Bruno, the cute grey and white tabby neighbourhood stray and I had his neuter all booked, but at the last minute the foster home changed their mind and I had to go tell Bruno that he had to hang on a little longer until I found him somewhere to go.

Then this lovely photo of Reggie arrived in my inbox. Reggie was a kitten who was rescued last year from our colony, now very much loved.

I had to remind myself that in the last year I've had a hand in rescuing and finding homes for more than 20 cats. I felt better after that. I will continue to try to find a spot for Bruno. I so want to take him home but we really have too many and it would be too much stress for the residents.

There are lots of homeless cats, sometimes it feels endless, but I can only do what I can do. My co-worker decided to take in an abandoned cat so today I spent more than four hours in the car driving him back and forth to the vet but well worth it for another cat to be off the street.

I'm happy to get back to feeding the colony today, it's been a week since I've seen them and I miss them. Socks will be going back tomorrow and possibly Stubby too. No time to feel down!

No comments:

Post a Comment