Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, March 22, 2012

My batting average is on the rise

Yesterday I returned to the colony at Weston and Rogers Rd to continue trapping.

I'm happy to report that it turned out to be a 4 for 4 trapping day. The first 3 were pretty easy, the last one took about 20 minutes but we caught a young black and white female at the end.
So out of this batch there was one female, and three males. Oddly, one male was already neutered. He must have been someone's cat who has joined the colony. A couple had URIs, their noses all congested, so they got antibiotic shots.
Unfortunately there were a few we knew were female that we didn't get but I'll just keep trapping. It makes for a long day, up at 6 a.m., trapping, working, feeding my ferals, transporting, home at 10 p.m. but it's worth it. Those two females would have probably had at least two litters each this year.

1 comment: