Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trying to trap my own cat

Our worst nightmare has happened. Buddy, our rescue from last fall, somehow slipped out the door Wed afternoon. As soon as we realized we started searching and put up flyers.

Thankfully we have sighted him during our night searches but frustratingly, he has gone rogue and reverted to his former life, and runs when he sees us. So last night we set up traps and took turns showing up. We saw him once, he ran, we trapped three raccoons, and then at 5:30 a.m. he approached the trap, ate a bit, backed out, stared at me through the window, and left. It would be easier to trap one of the ferals at the yard. We just want Buddy to come home. He's hungry and cold. We saved him from life on the street, we don't want him to live like that again. We're sad and frustrated and sleep deprived.

On top of it all, Mimi, one of the Caitlin's ferals I was feeding occasionally has disappeared. And Pseudo, who had the injured paw, still has the bandage on, I don't know why it hasn't come off, so I have to try to re-trap him to get him back to the vet. I'm on the edge but I have to hang on. Buddy, please come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment