Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, October 16, 2014

Every day is Feral Cat Day

Apparently today is National Feral Cat Day but for me I take care of feral cats every day!

Today I'm heading out after work to trap a possibly pregnant cat and perhaps one of my rooming house cats that I now feed every day on my way to work.

The Regent Park cat that was trapped is so far not turning out to be at all friendly.  It's a real problem when you have a cat that isn't adoptable but can't be returned, I truly don't know what the solution for this cat is yet.  And I got an email about two more in a similar circumstance, possibly abandoned and the building slated for demolition....I hope I can figure out a way to help.  That is in between cleaning up cat urine, one of our cats Blinky, has become a peer, there's another frustrating situation to deal with.

The highlight of my week has been watching the documentary that the very talented EK Park made, there is a whole series she did, and this one features me rescuing a mom and kittens and then feeding at the colony.  I'm only one of so many doing the same thing but I'm proud to be part of it all.
http://www.animalequity.org/cat-colony-caretakers-episode-3/

1 comment:

  1. Good luck trapping the pregnant kitty. You are such a good person to try to find solutions for the unwanted ones.

    Debby in Prescott Valley, Arizona
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete