Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I was thankful for many things, for the blessings that have allowed me to help all the cats in my life, for people like Andrea and Joanne who keep saying yes even though I keep asking for more.  I've been plagued with a headache all day so I tried in my own way to take it easy.  Last week remained busy, with the usual and I trapped two more cats from North York on Wednesday (again thank you Joanne).

After a week of getting a regular feeding routine going, I was grateful that Lesley offered to try to trap today and she got the cat!  Now to see how tame he or she is....more thanks to Andrea.

I spent some time at the colony this weekend getting the cats shelters ready for winter.  My handy friend Bob came along to help.  And I tried twice on the weekend to trap Murphy, we almost had her at one point.  No wonder I'm tired tonight.  I almost forgot about the last minute scramble to find a foster for an extremely obese stray cat destined for Animal Services.  If this post seems disjointed it's due to the pulsing pain in the side of my head...

Car loaded up with supplies

Bob helping rebuild the shelters at Hank's

Me today

Bunny is wondering why this one looks so much like her...

Bunny and Buddy having a lovefest

No comments:

Post a Comment