Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jet to the vet

When I fed last Friday I noticed that Jet, one of the cats at Hank's, was limping and not putting any weight on his left back leg.  I hate it when they are sick or injured but I decided to monitor it, sometimes a leg thing will clear up on its own.  All weekend the same and we could see what looked like a small wound of some kind on the elbow.


Connie kindly offered to help me trap, at this location, a drop trap works best and it can be tricky to transfer on one's own.  The cats sometimes go right into the transfer carrier, other times it can be difficult.

We showed up hopeful, it was sunny, but no sign of Jet.  All the others were there, I clicked and clicked, but nothing.  After a half hour we packed up the trap and then Jet showed up so we set up again.  Sally went under, then MC and Pseudo.  They ate their fill and left.  Hank ventured under and so did Jet so Connie pulled the string.  Poor Hank, just minding his own business.  He let out a plaintive meow.  Thankfully we were able to quickly transfer him out and then Jet also went quietly in.  Off to the vet we went.

They sedated him, flushed out the wound and gave him meds.  Jet will stay at the vet to heal up.
It was such a relief to get him taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment