Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard

This morning I had to get Pebbles to the vet for a dental procedure.  Pebbles is 14 now, the first feral kitten we rescued.  We didn't do a very good job of socializing her, we didn't know as much then, she's a good cat, but a bit hard to handle.  I had the big open top carrier all ready for her but who did I find in it all settled in, Oliver of course.  We did manage to get him out and Pebbles in, poor girl had three teeth extracted.
When I fed at the yard yesterday I noticed that Lionel was having trouble eating, I suspect a dental issue so I tried to trap him today but as soon as I brought out the drop trap every cat disappeared. Trapped too many times I guess.
Hey, I just saw that this is my 503rd post!  I didn't even realize I had surpassed 500!  And the best part is I've helped more cats than I've done blog posts.  If only I could trap Lionel, sigh, it's not always easy.

1 comment:

  1. You have done wonderful work with these cats. Good luck with Lionel.

    ReplyDelete