Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, September 4, 2016

Seriously it has to stop soon!

Is it just me or does this feel like a marathon kitten season?  Even with all the TNR the kitten calls keep coming.  Via my friend Andrea I found out about a pregnant cat being fed by a couple not too far from me, oddly she had a collar but was starving when she showed up a month ago and hardly left their yard.  I went over, and she walked right into the trap.  I took her to Susan's and posted her on-line as found, she had a pretty pink collar with no ID and wasn't friendly but we did get the too tight collar off.  Susan called me the next morning to say she had her kittens!!!  Not even 24 hours safe inside.  She and her kittens are safe, and the kittens will find homes, we will see if anyone is looking for her but who lets their unspayed cat out!
Batmom, who lives at a colony near me, and seems untrappable, had yet another litter of kittens, sigh.  We managed to catch two of them but one remains at large, we are bringing in someone who nets in hopes of catching Batmom before she becomes pregnant yet again.


And another email from a mom and kittens!  I checked it out yesterday, couldn't catch the kittens, but will persevere.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a terrible year for moms and kittens in the Ottawa area, too. All the rescues are over-run and over-worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a terrible year for moms and kittens in the Ottawa area, too. All the rescues are over-run and over-worked.

    ReplyDelete