Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, November 14, 2016

A six adoption week!

It was a banner week for adoptions at Michelle's.  She was away so I was doing meet and greets for the kittens.  Meet and greets are not my favourite thing, I'm fussy and am always looking for the perfect home, I try to stay out of the adoptions but the two adopters I dealt with I had no hesitation giving them our babies!

First it was a lovely man named Patrick who took Vincent and Toulouse home, then a fantastic couple, Kat and Ben came, who were interested in Spot and Freida.  The ever charming Jackson was there too, and I got an email the very next morning saying they wanted all three!  Really this was the best case scenario, two of the kittens going together, and the other three getting to spend their lives with each other.  Kat and Ben had their two nine year old cats die in a two month span so they deserve these three bundles of love.  There were some tears from Michelle and I yesterday, these kittens are the sweetest and have been with Michelle since August, and I've spent way more time with them than I usually do with fosters.
And to top it off one more piece of great news, Kahlua got adopted!  She is one of the cats from Haliburton that has been with Michelle since June, and the one who moved to a new fosters, escaped and was found.  Thankfully she has gone to an apartment!

I'm sure we will fill up the space at Michelle's soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment