Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Last male done!

I don't talk as much about them, but I do feed regularly at another colony close to me, there are 10 cats there, I got involved almost 4 years ago TNRing and then when Gloria had to sell her house and move I started to feed as well, I just couldn't turn my back on them.  We've had one male holdout who I haven't been able to trap, well I actually did trap him when I first started but I didn't have enough spots and let him go so I could get a female, thinking I would get him again.  It's taken me all this time but I went out Monday morning to give it a shot, tired of all the cat spray, and set up my trap with the remote.

At first the cats scattered and wouldn't go near then amazingly Teddy walked right in and boom I had him!  It's a matter of pride too to have a colony totally TNRed and now they are!
Teddy
I released Stubby thinking it would be the best thing for him since he was so stressed, but now I'm worried about him, I've seen him pawing at his mouth and having trouble eating.  I'm just sick about it, because I don't know how I would get him again, I'm buying BFF pouches for him with lots of gravy and at least he is eating that.  Sometimes I find the stress of the responsibility of all these cats' lives just a bit too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment