Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, July 21, 2017

Tiny kitten in danger!

Yesterday we got an email about a tiny kitten who was living at a busy construction site at King and Yonge.  He had been crying and people were feeding him but nobody was able to catch him.  Cranes were coming in, materials moved around and the woman who contacted me worried that his life was in danger.

I rushed down yesterday evening and set up my kitten trap inside the fencing where he was used to being fed.  We waited and waited no kitten, what a busy corner!  Then just as dark was falling I saw a black blob go towards the trap.  We stood across the street holding our breaths and then I heard the snap of the trap!  We had him.  Just a tiny black kitten, maybe 8 or 9 weeks old, now safe!  He's scared of course but will be fine in a few days or so.  It was a great save!



1 comment: