Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tiny wounded kitten rescued!

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea, she wanted a kitten, and here was a cute one for sale on kijiji for $75, so she took it home, thought it was 9 weeks old, went to the store, bought food, a brush, shampoo, kitty earwipes, and then discovered it had wounds on its legs and was having trouble walking.

Having no money to take the kitten to a vet, she posted the kitten on kijiji, saying she needed vet attention.  So what did I do when I saw this, you know the answer, I got in the car (and with Susan as my bodyguard) drove to Jane and Finch to get the kitten.  The girl came out with this darling baby in a little bed.  An hour's drive and $50 later I had myself a kitten but one who first of all was not 9 weeks all, and secondly desperately needed medical attention.
We took her immediately to our vet and she only weighed 500 grams, I could feel all her ribs and she has two infected wounds on the joints of the inside of both her back legs.  I wish I knew how this happened or maybe I don't want to know.  At least she is safe and is on pain meds and antibiotics, and one of the vet techs took her home for the night to monitor her.

No comments:

Post a Comment