Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, January 7, 2018

Winter sucks!

The last few days have been brutally cold, I worry for my poor ferals, but they are such resilient creatures, and thankfully have shelters and daily food and water, I shudder to think of the cats who don't have that.  Patches was out enjoying the sun yesterday afternoon and we saw everyone, Sadie was shivering, I wished that I could just bring her and all the others home.  At least it's not as cold today but now we have snow to contend with.  And it's only January 7!
These two, Bunny and Betty, are much luckier, they both spent the first winter of their lives outside, born in the fall, they survived, and now live a life of luxury.  They know the value of warmth and are the first to show up when we turn on the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment