Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Our latest crop of kittens

Last week Lesley and I drove to Dufferin and Lawrence and picked up nine kittens!  Yes we were actually able to pick them up thankfully.  The moms are feral but the kittens were born in a garage so are a bit used to people.  Michelle had all of them in her bathroom overnight then off they went to other fosters, Joanne got 4 cuties.  That's 14 kittens rescued in just over 2 weeks!  Now we need to get all those females fixed so we don't have to do it all over again in a few months!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, I don't know if you remember me but I'm Jenna that worked at the global pet foods art Broadview and Danforth a few years ago with the multi-coloured hair and speech impediment that sounds Irish. Long story short I am also rescuing cats now days (you inspired me, what can I say) and we currently have 5 kittens that are about a week old. We are no where near prepared to care for such young cats, is there anyone that you can point me in the direction of to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, of course I remember you! Kittens that small are incredibly hard to take care of. Why don't you email me? Thanks so much for helping cats!

      Delete
  2. Ooo my goodness are they precious or what? These kittens are absolutely adorable and I am sure that they will all find a home soon! A spayed cat or dog has no risk of uterine cancer or infection. Additionally, spaying performed on your pet before the age of 2 years, greatly reduces her risk of breast cancer, which is lethal in roughly half of dogs and 90 percent of cats.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete