Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, March 25, 2010

Donations!

Although we have some donated canned food from THS, we've still been buying food. It takes a lot of food to feed 20 cats on a daily basis. I did the math and if we had to buy it all ourselves (canned and hard) it would run $200+ a month. I've personally been spending at least $100 (OK, maybe more, I'm afraid to actually add it up) a month on food and vet bills so last week I decided to keep this sustainable I needed to get some donations.

I made up a flyer (my last post), sent it off to friends, posted it at work, and also went to a few pet stores in my neighbourhood. The response has been great and reminds me how many animal lovers there are out there. I got donations of hard food from three pet stores and one extremely wonderful friend has offered a monthly donation.
So thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment