Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A happy ending for two

I'm glad to be able to report a happy ending for the two grey cats we trapped last week. A home at a barn was found for them, a barn with other rescued cats and horses, with sheep and chickens, even wild mustangs.

Lynne and Sharon greeted my husband and the cats warmly when they arrived at the Red Barn. True ferals, Jerry and Georgette didn't make a sound on the way up or once they arrived.

This is the cats' new home, snug and safe. They will stay inside for a few weeks to get used to their new environment then they will be able to roam the farm or sit on the lower barn roof, basking in the sun. The cats were frightened and went straight from their carriers into the little shelters but I'm sure they will adjust.
That's Frankie, the one cat welcoming committee.


I don't know, it looks pretty idyllic to me. Where's my room?
Thank you Lynne and Sharon, for giving sanctuary to these cats with nowhere to go. I've met some truly wonderful people during this cat rescue journey.

2 comments:

  1. It will be awhile before they feel at home and there is the worry that they will try to find their way back. I do hope they keep them in as long as possible. All the best to them. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so nice for Lynne and Sharon to accept a couple of more furr-babies on their lovely property!

    ReplyDelete