Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, September 21, 2011

While I was sleeping...

Last week I was away on what was a much needed vacation (I didn't realize how badly I needed a break until I had it). Thankfully we have a great team to take care of the cats because it turned out to be a busy week. A TV show shot for 2 days at Harry's right where the cats hang out. We were unable to feed them during that time and I'm sure they were all hiding anyway.

Although of course I worried, things got moved out and back, the cats came back, and best of all, the area was powerwashed.
After two weeks inside, Hank was released back to the colony last week. I'm sure he was grateful to be out of that little space but his surgery and recovery time served him well, Hank looks great, and is eating. Bizarrely, even though he has no teeth, he goes straight for the hard food.
Hopefully all that will buy Hank a few more years with us - he must feel so much better without all those rotten teeth.
Sally seemed very happy to see her buddy come home.
Benji, a new orange and white guy, is being sighted occasionally so hopefully he too will become one of the colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment