Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A flurry of activity

Sometimes it feels like all I do is cat stuff. Sunday I went trapping again, trying to get the last couple of cats TNRed before the nasty weather. After a few tentative entries and exits into the trap, I caught one of the two cats I was trying to.

Off Bright Eyes went to the vet, where I got a call with odd news. Bright Eyes is female, already spayed and missing teeth. I don't know who spayed her, she only showed up a few months ago. Now she is eartipped so we will know, also got vaccinated, dewormed and deflea-ed. She had a hernia but she has seemed fine so no need to fix that. Back she went on Monday night. I'm sure she thought what a lot of fuss for nothing.
Meanwhile, I've been making more shelters for the cats. I did two last week, two the week before and one more to go. My construction skills are minimal at best so it takes me forever and none of my edges are straight. Thank God for duck tape.

This is our cat Molly doing her cat shelter catalog shot.
And this is Tanner demonstrating that yes, even an overfed cat can fit in this shelter.
Now it looks like Teddy is going to have to go to the vet, he has a big growth under his ear that he has scratched raw. I'm glad I have an understanding boss who likes animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment