Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, December 31, 2011

The rest of the end of the year wrap up

I leave you in 2011 with this series of photos of Lily and Jo having their own little New Year's party.



In addition to all my work at the colony, I also helped out with a few other cat projects. We got four cats off the spit, three into a barn and one into a home. Two sets of residential kittens were rescued and socialized and went off to good homes and the moms were TNRed. In my neighbourhood I TNRed four feral young cats (three females and one male) that are well cared for by a few homes. And farther away in a west end neighbourhood I TNRed three feral females, and two adults and two kittens were rescued. Somehow during that project I ended up with Buddy, who just ate our bacon off the counter. Oh, I almost forgot about Bruno, a neighbourhood semi-feral who is being fostered (hopefully forever) by Terry and Laird. Then there is Annie, a charming kitten living outside a few blocks away who Connie fostered and quickly fell in love with.

Whew, no wonder I'm tired. On the home front, Allie is improving but Maggie is now sick. We've discovered that we have Giardia in the house, what a nightmare, trying to syringe meds into all the cats except Maggie who we can't handle. One of the drawbacks of rescue and multiple cats. Right now, after a lot of illness, vet visits and vet bills, I am questioning taking in all these cats, but I'm sure once everyone gets better I'll get over that. Here's hoping for a healthy 2012 for all my guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment