Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Settling down

It feels like things are settling down a bit at the yard, the boats are all in and soon it will pretty quiet, other than the constant garbage trucks. Teddy is his usual self, happy to eat and get a pat. He's going to have a scar where the mass was cut out but he doesn't seem too concerned about it.
I made a few new shelters for the Madonna cats and placed them under boats. Of course, some guy doing repair work is upset, says the cats have peed on his stuff because the shelters are near his hut, so I had to move them. It's a shame, the cats were using them but I guess they will find the new location or somewhere else to sleep.
I worry all winter about them, though, so I've been thankful that it's been mild so far.
The cats are always happy for a sunny day, it feels so much warmer.
This UB had a bad limp earlier in the week but seems fine now. Whew, I was not looking forward to another vet bill.
It's pretty much hunker down, do our best to keep the cats alive through the winter, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment