Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The kindness of strangers

I feel extremely fortunate for all the people who have donated food or money for vet care. I find cat food on my porch, and Global has been amazing with donations. So many donated money when I was doing a 5k and we also had a fantastic yard sale.

Keeping all the cats fed and cared for costs a lot of money and I couldn't manage it without the donations. Two women saw the article in The Star, tracked me down, and sent me cheques. All of these gestures of kindness have allowed us to help Teddy (above) and Socks (below).
Now that Socks is neutered and had rotten teeth removed he is roly poly and content.
Stubby is still scared but he surely would have died from an infection had we not managed to trap him and deal with his mangled tail. Even with all the donations, I was out of pocket a lot of money. No pity party here, just want everyone who helps out to know how much it is appreciated.
I found a great way to save money the other day. I checked under the fridge for cat toys, and lot and behold, there must have been $50 worth there.
Buddy, our recent rescue, likes to play, and goes through a lot of toys, so I'm glad that I figured out where his secret stash is.

2 comments:

  1. All good news. Wonderful. Aren't you so happy with this mild weather. We are here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this winter is great for cats who have to live outside.

    ReplyDelete