Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, December 21, 2012

Road trip

Last week Steve and I went on a road trip to Gerri's catuary to deliver some food.  Gerri has a wonderful sanctuary for cats, they all seem so happy and healthy, and she remembers all their names - I have trouble with that myself sometimes at home.

The car loaded up
Gerri kindly took in Petal, a feral I trapped earlier in the year.  She was living in a woodlot and had she been returned would not have been cared for.  Now she has a lovely outdoor enclosure with a cozy shelter and lots of food.
Petal snug in her new home
Our house has felt like a mini cat sanctuary lately, with our bunch, and Checkers in Steve's office.  Tonight our neighbour Ella took Checkers home, as long as it works out with her other cat, Checkers has a wonderful new forever home.  I already was feeling attached to her after only ten days, I am the worst foster parent.

We're looking forward to our round of Christmas feral feeding, I have a few colony feeder friends who will be away, so it will be a busy few days next week.  There's a nasty wind tonight, I think we might actually be in for some winter weather.  I've been so happy that it's been mild but with upcoming below freezing temps it will be a different story, lots of frozen food and water (and fingers) to contend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment