Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, February 25, 2013

Adoptions galore!

I love being able to post about cats finding homes and the last few days have been full of adoptions for cats whose rescues I have been involved in.

Jimmy, the six month old tabby, found a home through Toronto Cat Rescue, after just a few weeks in a foster home.  The two abandoned and injured cats who I took to THS have found homes as well.  Jerry, the adult with the neck wounds got adopted this weekend and so did the kitten with the injured eye.  As you can see from the picture, it had to be removed, but cats manage fine with one eye, we've had two one-eyed cats.  It only took two days for this guy to get a home, 10 months old, one eye and a polydactyl, who can resist.  I remain very grateful to THS for caring for them.
Frankie, the one eye kitten, but extra toes to make up for it
And after much searching, I can happily report that Buddy and Holly, the laundry room cats have found a home with a lovely older woman in Huntsville, thanks to the article about them in the Toronto Star.  Jennifer worked so hard, fostering and advocating for them, but now they are safe and will be well loved.  Buddy is very friendly, and healthy now that he has had his dental (thanks to everyone who contributed!).  Holly remains very skittish but hopefully she will warm up over time.  At least she has her BFF Buddy and will never be chased or harassed again.
Holly, formerly Princess

Buddy
Now that's a good news day! I guess I may as well confess that Ernie the other polydactyl kitten has a home too, mine.  I am such a foster failure.  I swore no more but I fell hard for Ernie, he truly is a charmer, I love his morning snuggles, and it feels like he has always been part of our family.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update!! I'm especailly happy to know the laundry room cats found a home together. Leo, the cat I was fostering for TCR went to his new home Saturday too, after only two weeks with me. The stars must be aligned for adoptions!

    PS I know about foster failure too, it's always a risk ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear about your foster being adopted, maybe everybody wants to curl up with a kitty in the winter.

      Delete