Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last week was a blur

I've fallen behind on posting, last week was a blur of cat activity.  Howie the four week old kitten needed bottle feeding every few hours so my wonderful husband did the middle of the night shift.  He is doing really well, meds have cleared up his eyes and he's eating on his own.  Thankfully Connie has now taken him in and he is having a great time playing with her foster kitten.

On top of that, plus caring for our guys at home, I fed the colony, went to work and had a full week of cat rescue.  Barnum and Bailey, the three month old kittens trapped the week before, went to Siobhan's for socializing, they are shy but can be handled.  
Barnum and Bailey
I trapped three female cats on Wednesday and Thursday night from three separate locations, and did transport to and from the clinic with them.  I met a woman trying to find homes for two of the cutest three month old orange kitties so of course I said I would take them.  They were born to her 12 year old cat who has had multiple litters over the years, I don't even want to know how many.
One of the cats was born unable to walk, and she has been caring for her for the last three years. I seem to spend a lot of time right now doing what I would call outreach, helping people whose cats have had kittens.  I don't know if it's financial or lack of education but it's amazing how many unfixed cats are out there.
On Friday I was at yet another one of those situations, took out four kittens, got two females spayed, then discovered there were three more that needed to be rehomed and three males to be neutered, I'll deal with that over the next few weeks.

And yesterday three females to be spayed from the free kittens home http://cherrystreetcats.blogspot.ca/2013/03/the-sign-said-free-kittens.html
that I discovered a couple of months ago.  I thought all was good there once I got the male neutered and the females didn't go out but oops one did and had kittens last week so I just bundled up the rest yesterday and got it taken care of, the kittens coming out of there haven't been in great shape, one batch had litter box issues and most of the last litter died, only Mr Wiggles now Acer http://boomerandteikas.blogspot.ca/(who is at Connie's) survived.  Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it all.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Robin! Just take care of kittens... I wish you will have fun.

    ReplyDelete