Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, May 30, 2013

The mystery cat appears!

On our portlands route we leave food for a cat that I've only ever seen once, but I've heard from workers there that she exists and sometimes other people leave food too.  Imagine my surprise when we showed up yesterday and there was a cat.  We've been calling her Mystery but there she was in the flesh and boy was she hungry.  She ate a can and a half of food in no time at all.  I think she is either pregnant or nursing and isn't really that feral, she allowed me to get pretty close.  I would love to trap her but it's very difficult to trap a cat you only see every few months.

Mystery appears
Baby Howie is doing well at Connie's, having a great time playing with her kitten Acer, and thanks to the meds, his eyes look soo much better.  I think we will be taking him back in a few weeks to run with our herd once he gets a bit bigger.

Howie having a snooze
My list of cats to trap is actually shrinking, what will I do with myself.  Well, tomorrow, I'm taking five cats to be spayed and neutered, the moms of all the grey kittens and a new foster.  At some point I will get my herbs planted perhaps and file my five months of personal paperwork.

My 2013 total of number of cats helped (TNRs, kittens, tame cats fostered/adopted, cats spayed and neutered) is over 75 already, the majority of that in the last three months.  Might be time for a cocktail on a patio or seeing a movie.  Yeah, right, we will see how long that idea will last, I'd rather help cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment