Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, November 29, 2013

A mountain of cans

This is what the kitchen sink looks like after a day of feral feeding.  I go through at least 15 cans of Friskies every feed.  The recycling guys must be wondering what kind of business we are running.  We have 2 full bins and then always a few bags on the side come pick up day.  Our ferals get both canned and dry food.  I think the canned food, even though it's Friskies, really helps keep them healthy, they get added moisture and lots of protein.  There is certainly no shortage of opinions about cat food and what's best, for the ferals I do the best I can financially to provide for them.
I try to feed my guys at home a higher grade of food but they often prefer Friskies or Fancy Feast, I make sure they mostly have good food with a bit of junk, kind of like kids who have to eat their broccoli to get cookies.

Many thanks to Sally and Stephen this week for their donations, it's really appreciated.  My ferals are looking nice and chubby, it will help them get through the long winter to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment