Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, November 12, 2014

From the valley to safety

I have a lovely neighbour, Ella, who adopted a cat from me a year or so ago that showed up at the colony.  Yesterday I got an email from her, she had been for a walk in the Don Valley and a cat ran up to her meowing frantically.  She went home to get a carrier and when she got back the cat came out of the brush and happily went into the carrier to eat.  

She stashed him in her spare room and I went to see him, an absolute sweetheart but skinny clearly out for a while.  I emailed one of my catsitting clients whose cat sadly died a month or so ago who had recently mentioned fostering and she said she would take him!

An exam at my vet this morning revealed that Larry is about one year old, seems healthy, but isn't neutered or microchipped.  I've posted on line but I don't hold out much hope of finding his home, when they aren't spayed or neutered my warning bells go off.

Larry will get neutered tomorrow and then off to Mary Helen's to get loved and fattened up.  I'm so glad he's out of the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment