Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Homes needed and homes found

I realized I've fallen a bit behind in my rescue updates.  Loveable Larry has settled in to Mary Helen's, I had secretly hoped she would keep him but I guess it's not a love match so once we get his diarrhea under control he will be needing a forever home.

We have a few other kittens also needing homes.  This is Tink and Tonks, who were feral kittens at Maria's, now socialized and almost five months old.
Tink and Tonks
 Then there's Maddie and her two siblings, also rescued from a feral colony.
Maddie
 And of course beautiful Lake, seven months old, still a bit shy but so sweet.
Lake
I really hope we can get them into homes soon.  It feels like winter has come on too soon too fast I'm not ready and it breaks my heart every day seeing my ferals out in the weather, I'm so grateful these ones are in.

And here's some photos of ones that have found homes, I love getting the photos adopters send in, it keeps me going when I'm tired or discouraged.

Milo the tabby underneath was adopted by my neighbour last year, and this year when I sent out a photo of Winston, she couldn't resist, and their family grew.  Clearly they are great friends.
Pepper and Cinnamon, now Bullet and Lucy, were feral kittens from Niagara Falls that I took in, they were adopted by Cory and got to stay together, how great is that.
I just hope the ones waiting get such wonderful homes!

1 comment: