Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Last trapping of the season

On Saturday I loaded up the car for my last TNR mission until spring.  I find it too hard in the winter, the traps are cold, the garage where I hold the cats before the clinic is cold, it's dark and I worry about putting back females with shaved bellies.  So for the winter I focus on feeding, that's a hard enough thing when the real winter sets in.  Ian and I set off for North York, stopping at Jet Fuel and then Petsmart on the way.   I loaded up on litter and Friskies on sale.  Laden down, we continued on our way.

Sadly our mission was not successful.  The two older kittens that were our quarry were there when we arrived but then disappeared not to return.  I've had a lot of drama at work lately and it's distracting me, I often like to say I'm a gladiator, and I really need to stay focused.  Less than three weeks to my big event, lots to get done.

I almost forgot to report that the fantastic trapping team managed to get all four cats out of that demolition site just in time!  

Car loaded up after shopping
The rest of the car filled with traps
Our newest guest Oliver
Our Bud Bud, on his three year anniversary with us 
I found this bench, put in the yard, and Charlie fell in love


No comments:

Post a Comment