Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, February 12, 2015

February must be take your feral cat to the vet month

Did someone deem February take your feral cat to the vet month and forget to tell me?  It certainly feels like it.  Two weeks ago I trapped Jet with an injured leg and took him in.  Last weekend I noticed Lily having problems with her mouth so I set out on Tuesday to trap her.  It took literally about two minutes to get her, I wasn't surprised, when we were trying to trap Teddy last spring she went in every single time.  Since I was on a roll, I decided to try for Floppy too our recent unneutered male.  Bam, he walked straight in.  Off to the vet we went.
 It turned out Floppy needed three teeth extracted as well as being neutered.

Poor Lily had severe peridontal disease, and ended up having five teeth extracted.  Both of them will be in for about a week or so which, with this weather, is a bit of a blessing.  My wonderful friends at Annex Cat Rescue have offered to help with the mounting bills but if anybody could make a donation it would be greatly appreciated.  You can make it directly to Annex Cat Rescue http://annexcatrescue.ca/donate/ and get a tax receipt, just make sure to say it's for Cherry Street Cats.
Lily
I released Jet after two weeks in but I was dismayed today to hear from Michelle that he is still not putting any weight on his leg.  He was supposed to be all healed up.  And Penny wasn't in her car the last two days.  This horrible cold is so worrying.  I just pray for all the cats to survive.

I was recently contacted by someone living nearby who has been feeding a cat for months and of course in this weather wanted to help, pretty sure the cat wasn't feral, just scared.  I dropped off a trap and she quickly trapped the cat she had been calling Kobo.  At the clinic last night it was discovered that Kobo was female and already spayed at a TNR clinic a year ago.  Most strangely, the cat was released more than 20 km from where she has been living.  We suspect she is tameable so Susan has agreed to foster her.
Kobo now Koko

No comments:

Post a Comment