Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

One night of warmth

Today did not turn out to be a good day.  Feeding at the colony was brutal, down by the lake the wind was whipping the snow around, the clanging of the masts of the boats deafening.  I could barely close the car door, but I still saw many of the cats, my heart breaks for them.

I hit my head on a boat and wondered if I had passed out how long it would be before I died of hypothermia, there's not a lot of people there right now to find me.

I went to see Semi-Socks and John and I agreed that he was in bad shape, the very fact that he let John pick him up and put him in a carrier was a bad sign.  Off I drove through a rush hour mini snow squall to the vet.

Semi let the vet examine him without any resistance, and boy, was he in terrible condition.  Painfully thin, dehydrated.  Too far gone to be saved was the verdict, so I bore witness and patted Semi while he crossed over.

I'm so glad the kind men at the shop brought him in last night and gave him a box and a pillow, at least for one night he knew warmth and comfort.

RIP Semi-Socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment