Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, May 27, 2015

And then you stop

I forgot how much I take my mobility for granted and how much I do until I was picking up a large pot on Sunday to do some plantings and then my back just went.

Since then I've been in terrible pain and can barely do anything.  Bending over to feed cats or scoop litter boxes is excruciating.  Thanks to so many people for helping out, I've had to cancel all the things I was planning to do and just lie in bed, it's the only position that doesn't hurt.  I just can't do anything, this is the worst back issue I've ever had, so I really need to heal up.  I hate this!  Well the only upside is I'm catching up on Justified while lying in bed.  


Over the weekend I got a call from Colleen, she's the woman I help out with 11 cats and no money. She was being evicted this week and nowhere to go.  I really didn't know how to help but found it very stressful and now I can't reach her to find out was has happened.


1 comment: