Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, May 4, 2015

Dumped in a cardboard box

One of the vets I use called me to ask for my help.  They had come in that morning and found a cardboard box by their back door with a cat inside.  Who does that?  

SunnyBoy as the vet is calling him is an older gent, and after running bloodwork discovered he is diabetic.  One of the rescues in town had originally agreed to take him but couldn't find a foster to deal with the diabetes so they contacted me to see if I had any ideas.
Diabetes isn't such a big deal but many people find the idea of twice daily insulin injections daunting. Sometimes though with the proper diet it can go into remission, who knows what kind of care he was receiving.  I'm sharing like crazy in hopes someone will help this lovely guy, he's friendly and sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Aw - bless him. I hope the right home comes along. Diabetes is very manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a diabetic cat and really isn't hard to give the shots. She was diagnosed at the age of 14 and originally had to have insulin twice a day, now at the age of 19+ she only gets 1/2 a unit once a day and she is still going strong!

    ReplyDelete