Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The kitten who can't walk

The story was that a couple found this kitten a couple of weeks on a bike path and he has trouble with his back legs.  I said I would take him (of course) but when I got him home I realized he was much worse than they said and parts of their story didn't make sense, but whatever, he was with me and I would do my best for Tiny Tim.

The sad news after a day of observation and a vet visit is this:  He can't use his back legs at all and is incontinent, and in fact may have to have his bladder expressed.  This is all likely due to a spinal injury.  The poor little guy is only 400 grams and right now is having liquid diarrhea which of course he drags himself through.

Thankfully Toronto Cat Rescue has offered to take him under their wing, he's way more than I can manage, his prognosis is unknown, but he's a lovebug, purring all the time, so I hope he will be ok.

There's something so unbearably sad about a little helpless creature like this, and I've been crying and crying about him since I got him home and realized what bad shape he was in.

1 comment:

  1. I've lit a candle for the little guy and pray that it works out for him. Please keep everyone posted on his progress. Susan

    ReplyDelete